- Web Site Owner. Solar Power Store Canada Ltd (referred to herein as either “Company,” “we,” “us,” or “our”) is the owner of this website (the “Site”). We can be contacted by mail at 102 Commerce Park Drive unit 11 Barrie, ON L4N8W8 Canada, or by e-mail at email@example.com. This online privacy notice discloses the Company’s information practices for this Site, including what type of personal identifiable information is requested in order to make a purchase, how the information is used, and with whom the information is shared.
- Web Site Visits. In general, you can visit on the Site without revealing any personal information. We may keep track of the domains from which people visit us, in which case we would analyze the data gathered from the site visits for trends and statistics, and then we would discard the gathered data.
- Web Site Transactions. At times, the Company will need personal information regarding a customer or a prospect. For example, to process an order or provide a subscription, we may need to know a customer's name, mailing address, e-mail address and credit card details. It is our intent to inform you now before we collect personal information, such as user's name and/or address on the Internet. If you tell us that you do not wish to have this information used as a basis for further contact with you, we will respect your wishes.
- Personal Information That May Be Collected.
- Identifying Information. In order to make a purchase, the Company will request a user to provide certain personal identifying information, which may include: name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, facsimile number, method of payment, and, if applicable, credit card number. We may request additional information necessary to establish and maintain customer's account.
- Service Quality Monitoring. Some transactions on the Site may require a customer to telephone the Company, or the Company to call the customer. We will not contact you by telephone without your prior consent, except to confirm an order placed online and/or to inform a customer of the status of such order. Customer should be aware that it is our practice to monitor, and in some cases record such calls for staff training or quality assurance purposes.
- Information from Children. The Company does not sell products or services for purchase by children, and will not collect or post information from a child under the age of 18 without the involvement of a parent or guardian. The Company does not use personally identifying information collected from children for marketing or promotional purposes, and does not disclose such information to any third party for any purpose whatsoever.
- Lost or Stolen Information. If a customer's credit card and/or password is lost or stolen, the customer should promptly notify the Company in order to enable us to cancel the lost or stolen information and to update its records with a changed credit card and/or password.
- Chat Rooms, Forums and Bulletin Boards. If customer participates in a Company chat room, discussion forum, or posts messages to a Company bulletin board, customer should be aware that the information disclosed and shared will be broadly available to other persons, both inside of and/or outside the Company, who have access to that chat room, forum or bulletin board. Some individual Company chat rooms, forums or bulletin boards have additional rules and conditions regarding participation. Also, participant's expressed opinion is his or her own and should not be considered as reflecting the opinion of the Company.
- Links to Other Websites. Our Site may contain links to other web sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of those other websites.
- Uses Made of the Information.
- Limited Uses Identified. Without customer's prior consent, the Company will not use your personal identifiable information for any purpose other than that for which it is submitted. We use personal identifiable information to reply to inquiries, handle complaints, provide operational notices and in program record-keeping. We also process billing and business requests related to Site participation.
- Marketing Uses. Unless customer marks an "x" on the opt-out option box herein provided, the Company reserves the right to provide customer via email with information about the Site, our products and services, and related information in which customer has indicated an interest. Through our agents we will market to current and potential customers through Google, Facebook, Instagram, and Email.
- Stored Information Uses. The Company stores and retains the information provided by customers. This information is used to compile a customer’s purchase history in order to enable us to recommend products, services, or special offers that would be of interest to a customer. Stored information is also used by us and/or our agents: to support customer interaction with the Site; to deliver customer purchases; and/or to contact customer again about our other services and products.
- Online Advertising. Some companies that help the Company deliver interactive on-line advertising, such as banner ads, may collect and use information about our customers to help us better understand the types of advertising or promotions that are most appealing to our customers. After it is collected the information is aggregated so it is not identifiable to a specific individual.
- Disclosure of the Information.
- Within Corporate Organization. The Company works with other companies, including manufacturers and shippers from around the world. We may share your personal information within our corporate organization and with our manufacturers and shippers, and may transfer the information to countries in the world where we conduct business. Some countries may provide less legal protection for customer personal information. In such countries we will still handle customer personal information in the manner describe herein.
- Mergers and Acquisitions. Circumstances may arise where for business reasons, we decide to sell, buy, merge or otherwise reorganize its businesses in the United States or some other country. Such a transaction may involve the disclosure of personal identifying information to prospective or actual purchasers, and/or receiving such information from sellers. It is our practice to seek appropriate protection for information in these types of transactions.
- Agents. The Company employs or engages other companies and individuals to perform business functions on our behalf. These persons are provided with personal identifying information required to perform their functions, but are prohibited by contract from using the information for other purposes. These persons engage in a variety of functions which include, but are not limited to, fulfilling orders, delivering packages, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments and providing customer services.
- Affiliated Businesses. The Company works closely with affiliated businesses operating web site stores, providing services or selling products on each other's websites. These businesses identify themselves to customers. Customer information related to a transaction with an affiliated business is shared with that affiliated business.
- Marketing Analysis by Third Parties. The Company reserves the right to disclose to third parties personal information about customers for marketing analysis; however, any information disclosed will be in the form of aggregate data that does not describe or identify an individual customer.
- Disclosure to Governmental Authorities. Under certain circumstances, personal information may be subject to disclosure pursuant to a judicial or other government subpoenas, warrants or orders.
- Use of Computer Tracking Technologies.
- No Tracking of Personal Information. The Site is not set up to track, collect or distribute personal information not entered by visitors. Through the Site access logs we do collect clickstream data and HTTP protocol elements, which generate certain kinds of non-identifying Site usage data, such as the number of hits and visits to our Site. This information is used for internal purposes by technical support staff for research and development, user analysis and business decision making, all of which provides better services to the public. The statistics garnered, which contain no personal information and cannot be used to gather such information, may also be provided to third parties.
- Use of Web Technologies. The Company may also use web beacons or other technologies to better tailor the Site to provide better customer service. If these beacons or technologies are in use, when a visitor accesses these pages of the Site, a non-identifiable notice of that visit is generated which may be processed by Company or by its suppliers. Web beacons usually work in conjunction with cookies. If customer does not want cookie information to be associated with customer's visits to these pages, customer can set its browser to turn off cookies; however, web beacon and other technologies will still detect visits to these pages, but the notices they generate cannot be associated with other non-identifiable cookie information and are disregarded.
- Collection of Non-Identifiable Information. The Company may collect non-identifiable information from user visits to the Site in order to provide better customer service. Examples of such collecting include: traffic analysis, such as tracking of the domains from which users visit, or tracking numbers of visitors; measuring visitor activity on the Site; website and system administration; user analysis; and business decision making. Such information is sometimes known as "clickstream data." We or our contractors may use this data to analyze trends and statistics.
- Collection of Personal Information. The Company collects personal identifying information from customer during a transaction. We may extract some personally identifying information about that transaction in a non-identifiable format and combine it with other non-identifiable information, such as clickstream data. This information is used and analyzed only at an aggregate level (not at an individual level) to help us understand trends and patterns. This information is not reviewed at an individual level.
- Information Security.
- No Liability for Acts of Third Parties. The Company will exercise all reasonable efforts to safeguard the confidentiality of customer personal information. However, transmissions protected by industry standard security technology and implemented by human beings cannot be made absolutely secure. Consequently, we shall not be liable for unauthorized disclosure of personal information due to no fault of the Company including, but not limited to, errors in transmission and unauthorized acts of our employees, independent contractors or other third parties.
- Opt-Out Right. Customer and/or prospective customer has the right at any time to cease permitting personal information to be collected, used or disclosed by the Company and/or by any third parties with whom we have shared and/or transferred such personal information. Right of cancellation may be exercised by contacting us via e-mail, telephone or certified mail. After processing the cancellation, we will delete customer or prospective customer's personal information from its data base.
- Access Rights to Data.
- Information Maintained by Us. Upon customer's request, the Company will provide a reasonable description of customer's personally identifiable information that we maintain in our data bank. The Company can be contacted by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 102 Commerce Park Drive Unit 11, Barrie ON L4N8W8.
- Corrections and Changes to Personal Information. Help us to keep customer personal information accurate. If customer's personal information changes, or if customer notes an error upon review of customer information that we have on file, please promptly e-mail us at Admin@solarpowerstore.ca and provide the new or correct information.
Your rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) provides you with rights regarding how your data or personal information is treated. Under the legislation, California residents can choose to opt out of the “sale” of their personal information to third parties. Based on the CCPA definition, “sale” refers to data collection for the purpose of creating advertising and other communications. Learn more about CCPA and your privacy rights.
How to opt out